Thursday, April 14, 2016

Some Things You Should Avoid Like The Plague

OK, so I don't normally post stuff about my personal political views etc, but I thought that this was necessary. There comes a time when you have to take a stand and say, "Fuck this shit. I'm out." This is one of those times.

Don't Support Social Autopsy






This is basically a cyber-stalking platform that should not be funded. The potential abuse this idea has is astounding. (Mundane Matt is great. Follow him. Support him- if you are so inclined. He does his research and follows through on things.)


Don't Support the Horror Writer's Association


Just wanted to let you guys know that if I had known that the Horror Writers Association had such a shady history, and that it continues to have problems with its members to this day- including putting a raging racist on their judges panel when he never should've been allowed to participate due to ethical reasons. (He has since stepped down and been replaced by someone else, but that does not change my stance on this matter)- I never would have joined it. I was a member for the last three months of 2015. I did not pay my dues in January 2016 and am no longer a member. They have yet to update their member list and remove my name from it. I have asked them to remove it, but I am not sure when or if that will happen since they don't update their website in a timely manner.

I'd like to thank Brian Keene for making this information available to the public.



That being said, I hope that you guys make your own decisions and question everything, all the time. Seriously. Always question things, and if something doesn't seem right, do what is best for you, and distance yourself from it. 

I cannot condone the organization, however, if you choose to be or remain a member, I respect your decision to do so, even if I don't agree with it. I won't cut anyone off, as I don't believe that ostracizing people is productive. If we can agree to disagree and leave it a that, that's fine by me. 

Be good to each other. 


It's a war zone out there (sometimes...literally, but mostly socially at least in our cushy suburbs in 'Merica!)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment