Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Cassie Carnage's House of Horror Just won the Liebster Award!


So here's something fun that happened yesterday; my buddy Damian Thomas nominated me for the Liebster Award. Which according to the unwritten Rules of the Internet, means that I automatically won it, and now I have to pass on the winning nomination to 11 other blogs and answer a set of 11 questions.





You know, 11 really isn't that magical of a number. I would've gone with 13, or nine, but whatevs.



So here's the obligatory answer and question round, and my list of nominations for the passing of the Liebster Award torch:


The Rules:
There’s no obligation to participate, and a money-back guarantee if you're not completely satisfied by this nomination.

The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person that nominated them.


Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.


Those nominated must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions.


The Questions:
1. What angers you the most when watching a movie in theaters?
The one thing that angers me the most when I'm at a theater and watching a movie is when people decide that it's perfectly acceptable to whip out their cell phones and start texting. Just because you aren't SPEAKING, doesn't mean that you aren't distracting people. The screens on the new models of smart phones are insanely bright in a darkened theater, and EVERYONE can see you while you putz around with your phone. EVERYONE. Even that creepy heavy breathing guy in the top row. Remember that and stop being an asshole and put the damn phone away. The phone won't die without you. It'll still be there when the movie is over.

2. What do you love about watching movies in theaters?
The best thing about watching movies in theaters is when you get to see the movie for the very first time. There's something magical about the entire experience. And if you're with an audience that knows how to be quiet and not use a cell phone, you can get completely engrossed in it and forget where you are for a while. That, I think, is what makes the movie going experience so wonderful.

3. Name a movie you never want to watch. Ever.
Just one? OK. I never, ever want to see "Twilight: Breaking Dawn." I had to sit through the first "Twilight" movie because my at the time 12 year old nephew wanted to watch it. That was enough. If they burned all the copies of that movie and it disappeared from the face of the earth, I wouldn't even feel bad about it.

4. Name a movie you're ashamed you haven't seen yet.
"Black Swan." It's been on my to-watch list since it was released, and I have yet to find time to sit down and watch it. Makes me feel really lame. 

5. Favorite weekend hangout?
Ummm... I normally work weekends, but if I were to pick my favorite place to hangout, it'd be my best friend Razor's house. He is just so awesome, words can't describe his awesomeness adequately. 

6. Favorite band or music artist for the past week?
I have two of them, Sam Robert's Band and Chevelle.

Artist: Sam Robert's Band; Album: "Lo-Fantasy."



The other band, I've been listening to is Chevelle, and their new album "La Gargola." In particular, it's this song that really has me floored.


7. 3D. Yay or Nay?
Sometimes Yay, but mostly Nay. Some movies are made better with the use of 3D, but most aren't because they resort to gimmicky 3D visual sequences of things flying towards the face of the viewer that just come off as really, really lame. "Silent Hill: Revelation" was particularly guilty of that one.

One movie that used 3D to great effect was "Pacific Rim." Guillermo del Toro and his crew did a fantastic job using the 3D to portray just how immense the skyscraper tall robot Jaegers were. It's a great film by the way, and I highly recommend it.

8. Name a movie you wish you could have been on the set while it was filming.
The one movie that I wish I could've been on set during filming has to be John Carpenter's "The Thing." The acting and set pieces alone are fantastic, but being able to watch the special effects team come up with their props and use them during filming would've been an experience of a lifetime.

The runner up would be "An American Werewolf in London," for the very same reasons.

9. How do you stream movies (Computer, Blu-ray Player, Game Consoles like PS4 and Wii)?
Computer, PS3 and XBOX360. I don't have the next gen game consoles yet, but when I do get them, I will be streaming movies on them.

10. What are your top five favorite movie podcasts to listen to?
What happened to 11? Whatevs. I don't listen to a lot of podcasts anyways.

The only horror podcast I listen to is "Welcome to Night Vale." It's Lovecraftian goodness at its finest. 

11. Who is your movie celebrity crush? You have to answer for both guys and girls.
I have no shame. Here's my honest answers.

Guy crush: Chris Evans (Captain America) is totally drool worthy. His performance as Captain America actually made me like Cap. Prior to seeing his movies, I hated the Marvel character. I thought he was too cheesy, and too much of a Boyscout. Now, not so much.

Girl crush: Laurie Holden (The Walking Dead). Not for her role as Andrea in TWD, but for the fantastic job she did in "Silent Hill" and "The Mist." Smoldering hot looks, check. Ability to kick ass, check. Emotional range, check. This gal's got it all. 


My 11 Nominations for the Liebster Award are as follows:

For the Love of Celluloid: Movie Reviews by Derrick Carter
Music and Life- A Constant Journey 
Richard Rants: The Official Home of Author R.T. Ewell 
The Watching Dead
A Slice of Horror
Monsters, Madness and the Vegetable of Doom
Obsidian Clouds
Silent to Hughes 
Midnight Cinephile
WRITING, RUNNING, AND CHASING THE DRAGON


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me, Cassie! I just finished up my 11 questions and put up the post! http://www.midnightcinephile.com/2014/04/midnight-cinephiles-second-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! It means a lot. I just finished my post as well! http://www.asliceofhorror.com/23/post/2014/04/a-slice-of-horror-wins-the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination Cassie! It's really nice to have recognition! I just put up my post:
    http://obsidianclouds.blogspot.in/2014/04/obsidian-clouds-won-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete